Entries about Minnesota history from MNopedia are made available through a partnership with the Minnesota Historical Society and with funding from the Legacy Amendment's Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
December 1962: Oil spills into the Mississippi, triggering ecological disaster
More like this
- Latest oil spill lesson for Minnesotans: If it can happen in Michigan, it can happen here, too
- Gaps seen in spill-response readiness for Great Lakes transport of crude oil
- Rep. Wagenius questions Minnesota's pollution control approach
- Gulf spill no hazard to birds in Minnesota, but that could change
- Oil spill: Gulf of Mexico disaster 'growing by the moment'