Entries about Minnesota history from MNopedia are made available through a partnership with the Minnesota Historical Society and with funding from the Legacy Amendment's Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
Treaty of Traverse des Sioux ceded millions of acres from Dakota to U.S.
More like this
- Has casino money improved lives on Minnesota’s Indian reservations?
- Beyond 1862: Another year of remembering the Dakota-U.S. War
- Obama signs federal disaster declaration for Minnesota, following spring floods
- Massacres and denial: Why can’t America get it right?
- Twin Cities Daily Planet: Trail of tears to Sandy Lake