Entries about Minnesota history from MNopedia are made available through a partnership with the Minnesota Historical Society and with funding from the Legacy Amendment's Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
February 13, 1906: Minnesota's last legal execution
More like this
- Why California OK'd, then delayed first execution in years
- Botched Oklahoma execution shakes even death penalty supporters
- Commemorate World Day Against the Death Penalty
- As world dials back death penalty, Japan heads in opposite direction
- Death penalty less common in US now than in 1990s, report finds