Entries about Minnesota history from MNopedia are made available through a partnership with the Minnesota Historical Society and with funding from the Legacy Amendment's Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
Thomas Lowry brought streetcars to Minneapolis
More like this
- 'The Magic Bullet' and the 1917 streetcar strike
- Charles Alfred Pillsbury, 1842–1899
- Our street car lines — yesterday and today
- With public funding exhausted, Dallas turns to private partners and TIF to build new rail transit
- Transit system dodges bullet with reduced funding cuts in retooled transportation bill