Entries about Minnesota history from MNopedia are made available through a partnership with the Minnesota Historical Society and with funding from the Legacy Amendment's Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
Land for trees: The Timber Culture Act of 1873
More like this
- The Western Minnesota town that wasn't: New Yeovil
- Winged menace: The Minnesota grasshopper plagues of 1873-1877
- As Black Hills battle with pine beetles, climate change is siding with the bugs
- Restoring cottonwoods to a healthy role in the Mississippi River floodplains
- Red Lake Band of Ojibwe set to reforest 50,000 acres