Entries about Minnesota history from MNopedia are made available through a partnership with the Minnesota Historical Society and with funding from the Legacy Amendment's Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
When the Dakota moved to reservations: The Treaty of Mendota
More like this
- Treaty of Traverse des Sioux ceded millions of acres from Dakota to U.S.
- 150 years ago: U.S.-Dakota War ends at the Battle of Wood Lake
- Rail battle, 1854: the Minnesota and Northwestern Railroad land grant scandal
- Has casino money improved lives on Minnesota’s Indian reservations?
- U of M students hope documentary prompts debate over apology to Native Americans
PreferredOne customers will face rate hikes on MNsure. How much? A lot less than 63% — and a lot more than 4.524 comments