Here is a translation of the poem "Stream of Life," by Rabindranath Tagore, which Siddique adapted for "Dancing":
Stream of Life
by Rabindranath Tagore
The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day
runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures.
It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth
in numberless blades of grass
and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers.
It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth
and of death, in ebb and in flow.
I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life.
And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment.
Most Viewed Alls
- A new era for student journalism at the U? Minnesota Daily to get a general manager
- After Magnetation bankruptcy filing, Sen. Bakk asks: 'How can we help?'
- Apple Valley assisted suicide case goes to trial
- Backers remain committed to zoo in Duluth
- Brief text from earthquake zone is huge relief, but big challenges await Nepal