Here is a translation of the poem "Stream of Life," by Rabindranath Tagore, which Siddique adapted for "Dancing":
Stream of Life
by Rabindranath Tagore
The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day
runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures.
It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth
in numberless blades of grass
and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers.
It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth
and of death, in ebb and in flow.
I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life.
And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment.
More like this
- Dancing Matt's singer stars in a video of her own
- Britt's Bests and Busts: Best gig: Wailing with Magic Slim and the Teardrops
- Wood chippers, ghost stories, dog operas, and bad dancing
- Craving more from Internet sensation Susan Boyle? Here’s her performance of ‘Cry Me a River’
- Katie McMahon: It's never too late for a St. Pat's fix