A coalition of faith-based organizations are holding "A Witness of Lament" prayer parade Tuesday morning to protest planned cuts to Minnesota's budget for the new biennium.
The rally is to begin at 10:15 a.m. at Christ Lutheran, 105 University Ave., near the state Capitol. It will conclude at 11:30 with those attending the rally leaving flowers, cards and letters in a basket that are to be delivered to Gov. Tim Pawlenty.
The sponsoring organizations are the Minnesota Council of Churches, the St. Paul Area Council of Churches, the Greater Minnesota Council of Churches, the Joint Religious Legislative Coalition, Interfaith Children's Advocacy Network, Minnesota Catholic Conference and A Minnesota Without Poverty.
For more information, go here.
More like this
- Tumult at Crystal Cathedral megachurch rooted in perils of succession
- Daily Glean: Biennium blues grow as state goes from bad to worse
- Will personal political agendas in Minnesota get in the way of good government?
- Advocates for needy are hopeful DFL Legislature will support ‘poverty agenda’
- Tim Pawlenty loves God, his wife and kids, the troops and Minnesotans