Event to celebrate Spear autobiography's publishing
The University of Minnesota Press is celebrating publication of the book "Crossing the Barriers: The Autobiography of Allan H. Spear" with A public event from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 26 at the Hubert H. Humphrey Center atrium at 301 19th Ave. S at the University of Minnesota. Several political figures who were influenced by Spear will speak at the event.
More like this
- His courageous story proves Sen. Allan Spear was one of Minnesota's most influential politicians
- 20 years after Senate first tried, Minnesota Legislature finally gives gays civil rights protection
- Allan Spear's legacies: Civil rights advocate for all, landmark protection for gays
- A video memorial honoring Deborah Howell
- Jan. 15 memorial for Deborah Howell in Washington, D.C.