The internets were a-buzz recently with talk of Andrew Klavan’s editorial in the Wall Street Journal on how President Bush and Batman are the exact same, because both are “vilified and despised for confronting terrorists in the only terms they understand.”
The two-time Edgar winner moved on to how right-wing morality is rad and lefties like surrendering and hating soldiers, when he could have boosted his argument with numerous other examples of the ways our commander in chief is really the Dark Knight unmasked.
I came up with 10, but I know there are more out there, so drop them into the comments bin on your way out.
Top 10 ways George W. Bush and Batman are totally alike:
10. Fooling the public by pretending to be alcoholic, narcissistic frat boys.
9. Making the disposal of invasive vegetation a high priority.
8. Must contend with portly, squawking, madmen with an affinity for birds.
7. Spending days brooding in their mansions, pondering the day they no longer have to do their jobs.
6. Major daddy issues.
5. Constantly befuddled by arch-nemeses that speak only in riddles.
4. Bruce Wayne’s secretary is named Ms. Bush, while President Bush’s secretary is Dolores Batman (OK, not really).
3. Sweet rides.
2. Should I go there? No, I probably shouldn’t.
1. A total embrace of cod-piece fetishism.
What did I miss? Is Cheney’s undisclosed location a bat cave? Did Karl Rove secretly wear little green underpants and a yellow cape under his suit? Did Batman blame Two-Face for a crime, when it was really Catwoman? Help me out in the comments…