Two Michigan women are suing Ecolab for ruining their Hawaii vacation, the Associated Press reports.
The women say they returned to their Maui hotel room and became severely ill. They were taken to an urgent-care center for symptoms that included stomach aches, numb tongues and “seeing stars.”
The lawsuit claims Ecolab and Marriott Hotel Services were negligent to spray the women’s Maui hotel room with pesticides during their stay.
Ecolab and Marriott experts have testified that the pesticides couldn’t have caused the symptoms and that they were likely caused by stress.
A federal appeals court overturned a lower court this week and said the lawsuit should go to trial.