If voter turnout isn’t exceptional today, no one will be able to blame it on the weather.
It’s an absolutely gorgeous day today across almost all of Minnesota. Just look at these forecasts, per the Weather Channel:
- Duluth — Mostly sunny with chance of rain in the early evening, high of 51
- International Falls — Sunny start with afternoon showers, high of 56
- Minneapolis/St. Paul — Sunny, high of 57
- Moorhead — Mostly sunny, high of 58
- Rochester — Sunny, high of 56
And those few little raindrops? “The showers will likely be few and far between and should do little more than wet the ground for a short period of time.”
Rain and snow have been proven to significantly decrease turnout on Election Day, mostly among Democrats. Since there’s almost nothing in the forecast, there’s absolutely no excuse. To coin a phrase, no one can blame it on the rain.