Horner’s advice to fairgoers on how to govern, how to pee

IP guv nominee Tom Horner can’t afford much high-priced TV advertising so he’s taking his man-in-the-middle message to the bathrooms of the State Fair.

The poster ads, on the walls of the bathrooms, presumably over the urinals in the case of the men’s rooms, has a picture of Horner and says:

“Too far right. Too far left. Not good in here. Not good in the governor’s office.”

1. Submitted by Ray Schoch on 08/26/2010 - 01:08 pm.

I like it. Not enough to vote for him, but I like it, nonetheless. Someone with his campaign gets points for cleverness.

2. Submitted by John E Iacono on 08/26/2010 - 03:55 pm.

If only all campaign advertising were as clever and as positive.

If ony…

3. Submitted by Richard Schulze on 08/26/2010 - 04:27 pm.

Sounds like Horner’s a straight shooter.

4. Submitted by Paul Brandon on 08/26/2010 - 08:26 pm.

Leading to all sorts of interesting associations.

5. Submitted by Stephan Flister on 08/26/2010 - 11:08 pm.

Oops

Just returned from the State Fair, where I saw several of the Horner wall ads. NONE of them was centered over a urinal. If you turned to read the ad, you would, ahhh, miss.

Some were over hand dryers.

6. Submitted by Jeffrey Maas on 08/27/2010 - 10:11 am.

Went to the Fair on the first night to see the Pines playing the Heritage at Sundown stage and got a good laugh afterward from the Horner ad, which indeed was positioned directly over my urinal trough. I wish more of those sorts of ads were half as clever.

PS – Highly recommend The Pines to people. They play again tonight, Friday, Aug. 27, same location, so check them out and the Horner ad!

7. Submitted by Laura Knudsen on 08/27/2010 - 11:14 am.

In difficult times people need humor and good ideas. Horner is the candidate with both.

8. Submitted by Paul Udstrand on 08/27/2010 - 11:15 am.

//If only all campaign advertising were as clever and as positive.

If ony…

I hate to say it but this an attack ad. It doesn’t extol the virtue of Horner, it highlights the negatives of the other two candidates. It’s a negative ad.

9. Submitted by Richard Schulze on 08/27/2010 - 01:14 pm.

I would suggest that Tom Horner’s lighthearted approach will appeal to the vast major of voters that vote candidate and not party line.

10. Submitted by John E Iacono on 08/27/2010 - 03:54 pm.

Dear Paul U:

It begins to appear that if I say it is daytime you will insist it is night.

Give it a rest, please. Getting tiresome.

11. Submitted by Hénock Gugsa on 08/29/2010 - 01:43 am.

You gotta love it. The Independent candidate knows how to get a captive audience. Truly, we need a Governor who aims to please.

But on a serious note, Mr. Horner and Mr. Dayton seem to be the only candidates with well-defined and well-thought-out ideas in this race whether they merit our support or not.

Now if he gets the official support of former Governor Carlson, I think Mr. Horner will be in a mighty good place at election time.

12. Submitted by Paul Udstrand on 09/01/2010 - 09:04 am.

Give it a rest, please. Getting tiresome.

Nothing personal John. If my speech is getting tiresome for you, you have choices- controlling my speech however is not one of them.