Imperfect Union series
Congress vs. Parliament (three parts)
Our two-party system (two parts)
Electoral College (six parts)
• Our Electoral College system is weird — and not in a good way
• 10 reasons why the Electoral College is a problem
• Why the Constitution’s Framers didn’t want us to directly elect the president
• Picking a president: dangers — and weird outcomes — of the Electoral College
• In defense of the Electoral College system … and some responses
• How to work around the Electoral College — without amending the Constitution
Constitution is unconstitutional (one part)
Judicial branch (six parts)
• Some constitutional myths about the Supreme Court
• The Supreme Court’s early years: When censorship was constitutional?
• Why should the unelected Supreme Court get the final say about our laws?
• How the Supreme Court has come to play a policymaking role
• Something changed: Picking a Supreme Court justice is now a partisan battle
• Some ideas to limit the ‘supremacy’ of the U.S. Supreme Court
Congressional gridlock (two parts)
Changing the Constitution (five parts)
• Constitution nearly impossible to amend: Is the bar too high?
• Constitutional amendments so far: Most have been for the better
• Fixing our system: Would another constitutional convention do the trick?
• Bottom line: Here’s the biggest problem with the Constitution
• For better or worse, an old, flawed and hard-to-amend Constitution binds us
From graffiti and handmade signs to the weird and unclassifiable, it's been all about looking at what's in plain sight23 comments
Yeah, that press conference was nuts. But it also showed Trump at his calmest and, dare I say it, his sweetest.20 comments