It will be a while ‘til the Give to the Max dust settles. But here’s what we know so far:
- In 24 hours, 42,631 donors gave $8,028,120 to Minnesota nonprofits, reconfirming Give to the Max Day as a national model of online philanthropy.
- Northern Bear Center finished first in Greater Minnesota with 1,816 donations.
- Second Harvest Heartland finished first in the metro with 2,071 donations.
- MinnPost finished 11th in the metro area. Among media nonprofits, only Twin Cities Public Television did better, finishing 5th in the metro.
- MinnPost received 367 donations totaling $23,495. Not counting one Board gift, the largest gift received was $500; 75 were for $10. There were 27 anonymous donations. Donations to MinnPost triggered a $10,000 Board match, bringing our total for the day to $33,495.
- While most of our donations were from the metro area, MinnPost received donations from around the state including Morris, Pine City, Backus, Forest Lake, Litchfield, Byron, Little Falls, Fergus Falls, North Mankato, Montevideo and Milaca.
A few donors specified designations for their gifts — general operating support and Steve Berg’s urban coverage. Others added notes like “Wahoo! Way to go MinnPost and fans! Keep up the great work.” One note said “Thanks for your voice.”
Your donations tell us that you value MinnPost. Thanks for YOUR voice. We couldn’t do this without you.