Thanks to everyone who made an end-of-year donation to MinnPost. We’ll be reporting results and publishing wish list suggestions soon.
We have one piece of news to share right now. We’re planning to add a new membership director position and have posted a job description here. The description is also pasted in below.
Happy new year to all.
|JOB TITLE: Membership Director||LOCATION: Twin Cities Metro|
TYPE: Full Time or Part Time depending on interest of candidate DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MinnPost is seeking a high-energy individual for the new position of Membership Director.
The membership director is responsible for strengthening relationships with current MinnPost members, cultivating new members, and increasing membership revenue to help support MinnPost’s high-quality online journalism for people who care about Minnesota.
- Develop and implement plans to retain current members, aggressively increase the number of members, and meet annual revenue goals.
- Develop and implement a sustaining membership program.
- Identify prospects for major gift cultivation.
- With the help of MinnPost’s office manager, coordinate, track, and evaluate all membership-related activities, including acquisition, renewal, and acknowledgment.
- Provide excellent customer service to members, and communicate with them and engage them in ways that make people excited to be part of the MinnPost family.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in membership, fund development, public relations, or consumer marketing; excellent computer skills, including database management; significant social media experience; strong speaking and writing ability; an interest in journalism; and demonstrated ability to set and meet realistic goals. B.A. in business, communications, marketing or a related field preferred.
This can be either a full-time or part-time position, depending on the interest of the candidate.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.