There’s a feeling of calm today at MinnPost.
On Saturday, Don Shelby, Rick Kupchella, Roxane Battle and Paul Douglas rehearsed together for the first time, along with a stand-in for Cyndy Brucato who’s due back in town Thursday. Luckily they are all pros.
The other skits and songs are getting better with every rehearsal. If you saw the rehearsal video from two weeks ago, you know that’s good news. The last rehearsal is Wednesday night.
Emails are flying between MinnRoast director JoJo Liebeler and the staffs of Gov. Dayton, Sens. Klobuchar and Franken, Mayor Coleman and Sen. Amy Koch. We know the pols are working on their material, and we’re hoping it’s funny.
We had 817 people on our check-in list this morning and the phone keeps ringing with last-minute requests. At this point, Show Only tix @ $25 are just about all that’s left.
- There are no physical tickets. If you’ve registered and paid in advance, your name will be on the check-in list.
- Check-in for the pre-show reception starts at 5:30 in the Pantages Theatre lobby.
- Once you check in at the Pantages, you’ll receive an envelope with your name tag, event program and a seating map.
- Seating sections are marked on name tags. Seats within sections are not reserved, so you can choose any available seat within your section.
- The doors to the Pantages Theatre will open at 7 p.m. Show Only ticketholders should arrive between 7 and 7:20.
- Raffle tickets will be sold in the Pantages lobby until 7:20. The prize is a sassy red Kymco scooter, and the winning ticket will be drawn right after the show. To buy tickets before the event (using cash, check or debit card only), call Stephanie at 612-455-6954.
Calm? Yes, like the eye of a hurricane. We’ll see you Friday night.