MinnPost is a nonprofit, nonpartisan enterprise whose mission is to provide high-quality journalism for news-intense people who care about Minnesota.
The Office Manager position is responsible for office administration, member support and the payroll, accounts payables, billings within the accounting area. The position reports to the Business Manager.
• Work in Giftworks database to maintain membership records
• Generate membership reports
• Send acknowledgements to new and renewing members
• Register people for MinnPost events and check in attendees at events
• Work directly with all MinnPost personnel
• Calendar management and travel arrangements for Editor/CEO
• Supply ordering, inventory and equipment monitoring
• Set up email addresses and distribution groups
• Support Board and committees, attend meetings and take meeting minutes
• Answer incoming calls
• Basic software support for all employees
• Work with outsourced IT vendor on system maintenance
• Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Billing in Quickbooks
• Weekly Deposit
• Manage all health benefits
• Manage 401(k) plan
• Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Quickbooks
• Excellent written & oral communication skills
• Ability to balance many tasks at once
• Organized and detailed
• Self-motivated and independent problem solver
• Ability to work under pressure and produce results
• Have some knowledge of IT
• Minimum 3 years experience
Salary commensurate with experience.
Position open until filled.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.