***THE POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED***
MinnPost continues to grow, and we’re looking for an awesome web producer to join our team. Ideally, you have a passion for Minnesota news and are excited to help forge the future of online journalism. This is an entry-level position with significant opportunity for growth in the future.
Web producer skills
• You’ve loaded content in content management systems (CMS) before, and understand the fundamental components — from headlines and bylines, to tagging, asset management, embedding video, and laying out tables with data.
• A mean eye for detail, whether you’re editing wire stories or finalizing the homepage layout.
• You can crop, edit and resize images in Photoshop with your eyes closed. You also know your way around the Creative Commons.
• You enjoy working with writers and editors to help conceptualize and enhance content with available images, video, etc.
• You have composed daily/weekly e-mail newsletters (MinnPost uses MailChimp).
• Understanding and implementing basic HTML would be a plus. A desire to learn is an even bigger plus.
• Experience working for a journalistic organization preferred.
• Strong writing, copy editing and communication skills.
• Detail oriented. The newsroom is busy, chaotic at times, and a ton of fun. We need someone who can juggle skillfully and thrive in this environment.
• Passion for journalism and new media. We like people who look forward and have big ideas.
• Demonstrated interest and skill with social networking.
• We’re looking for a generalist — a jack or jill of many trades. The job requires a wide range of skills, and we’re a small team, so there’s a lot of room for the job to grow around your interests. If you want to be a writer, though, this is not the gig for you.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. You’ll also get perks like sane hours, free coffee, and collaborative coworkers. Please send an e-mail with your cover letter, resume and any links to your online portfolio to: email@example.com, attention Kaeti Hinck. (No phone calls.)