Mary Zweber, MinnPost’s office manager, is leaving us for a new position. She did a great job keeping us organized and growing and we’ll miss her. We’ve opened a job search to find her replacement. The posting is below.
MinnPost is a nonprofit, nonpartisan enterprise whose mission is to provide high-quality journalism for news-intense people who care about Minnesota.
The Office Manager position is responsible for office administration, member support, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and events. The position reports to the Business Manager and works closely with the Chief Revenue Officer, Director of Advertising, Membership Director, and Editor/CEO.
- Work in Giftworks database to maintain membership records
- Generate membership reports
- Send acknowledgements to new and renewing members
- Register people for MinnPost events and check in attendees at events
- Work directly with all MinnPost personnel
- Calendar management and travel arrangements for Editor/CEO
- Supply ordering, inventory and equipment monitoring
- Set up email addresses and distribution groups
- Support Board and committees, attend meetings and take meeting minutes
- Answer incoming calls
- Basic software support for all employees
- Work with outsourced IT vendor on system maintenance
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable/Billing
- Manage health benefits
- Manage 401(k) plan
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Quickbooks
- Experience in Membership Database preferred
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Ability to balance many tasks at once
- Organized and detailed
- Self-motivated and independent problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure and produce results
- Have some knowledge of IT
- 3 years experience preferred
Salary commensurate with experience. Position open until filled.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.