Before MinnRoast 2014 recedes into history, we want to recognize those who made it possible.
- Our 57 generous sponsors, especially Stinson Leonard Street as Reception Host, and equally generous in-kind donors. Thank you all.
- The cast and crew, led by first-time MinnRoast director Ashleigh Swenson and seven-time MinnRoast choreographer DeAnne Sherman.
- Well-known Minnesotans who took the stage with style: political comedian Lizz Winstead, Gov. Mark Dayton, Sen. Al Franken, U of M President Eric Kaler, former Senate Majority Leader Amy Koch, and many other political and media personalities.
- Our talented guest musicians: Music director Eric Edwalds and Le Cirque Rouge Cabaret & Burlesque Show Band. First-time MinnRoast vocalists Mugsy, Erin Schwab and Jim Graves. Singers from VocalEssence, led by assistant artistic director Tesfa Wondemagegnehu and accompanied on piano by artistic director Philip Brunelle. Tesfa as Tevye? Spine-tingling. Ask anyone who was there.
- Our lyricists: Head writer Al Sicherman created almost enough song parodies for two whole shows. Jill Field, Marlys Harris, Joe Kimball, Lee Lynch, Corey Anderson (and I) chipped in one song apiece.
- The staff and volunteers who worked for months to promote the event and make it run smoothly. Special thanks to MinnPost office manager Bethany Hollenkamp and creative director Corey Anderson.
- The audience, almost 1,400 strong, who bought tickets, hooted at the jokes, and opened their wallets when the baskets were passed. $17,369 came in the night of the show, on top of $140,945 in sponsorship and ticket revenues. All three numbers are up significantly from last year.
If you were unable to join us, there’s still time to add your name as a MinnRoast 2014 donor. Make a donation here by Friday, May 2, and put MinnRoast in the comments box. All MinnRoast proceeds support the year-round independent journalism provided by MinnPost.
Thanks to returning cast member Amy Koch, who took the selfie published above at the start of her Stage Right remarks.