Founded in 2007, MinnPost provides high quality news and analysis to people who care about Minnesota. We are nonprofit, nonpartisan and member-supported.
Annual revenue: $1.8 million
The Director will report to the Publisher and oversee individual and institutional fundraising efforts, which currently account for about $1.3 million in annual revenue. This is a new position, and the Director will have the opportunity to build upon successful programs established by the founders, Board members and Publisher. Top priorities are growing our base of 2,400 member households and increasing revenue from major gifts.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategy and annual fundraising plan
- Work with Board and staff to develop ongoing relationships with major donors
- Manage our membership program, with assistance from support staff
- Maintain and develop an annual program of mission-consistent events that deepen engagement with our audience and support our fundraising goals
- Work with the Publisher and Executive Editor to identify institutional giving opportunities, develop grant proposals, and satisfy reporting requirements
- Direct donor data collection, management, and analysis using our Salesforce CRM system
- Coordinate the work of volunteer Board members as staff liaison to the Board’s Development and Events committees
- Passion for public-service journalism
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree a plus
- 2 or more years’ experience in development, external relations, or related fields
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce or comparable database CRM system preferred
Salary commensurate with experience.
Send resume, cover letter, and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Position is open until filled. Interviews expected to begin late October. Expected start date is early January.