MinnPost is hiring for a full-time administrative assistant to join our growing business staff. Qualified applicants will be detail-oriented and able to skillfully multi-task, deliver excellent customer service to clients and readers, work both independently and with others, and embrace change.
This position provides administrative support to the business team, reporting to the Director of Advertising and working closely with the Director of Development.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Translating verbal agreements into written advertising contracts
- Entering contract information into our CRM and accounting systems
- Preparing client presentations
- Tracking trade agreements
- Updating sales and marketing materials to support individual advertising sales calls
- Responding to advertising client contract and billing questions
- Supporting our membership program by preparing acknowledgement letters and mailing thank-you gifts to qualifying donors
Ancillary duties include scheduling post-sales call follow-up tasks, maintaining client data in our CRM, occasional prospecting to identify sales leads, and assisting with live events.
Strong candidates will have a history of success in administrative support roles, extensive knowledge of office software – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs – and experience working with CRM software (such as Salesforce). Familiarity with digital advertising terminology and systems is ideal, but not required. At a minimum, applicants should be adept with technology and able to learn new programs and systems as needed.
This position offers health benefits.
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and accepted until the position is filled.