MinnPost is hiring a membership manager to oversee our member acquisition and retention efforts.
Currently MinnPost is supported by more than 3,500 members — our most loyal readers who donate between $1 and $999 per year — and member contributions make up almost 20 percent of the organization’s revenue annually. Membership growth is key to MinnPost’s strategy for sustainable increased investment in our mission-driven journalism.
The membership manager will manage and execute campaigns to acquire, retain and upgrade membership support throughout the year. Digital and in-person marketing and relationship-building skills will be crucial to success in this position, connecting MinnPost readers with the essential role they play in making our mission-driven journalism possible through membership. This position is based in Minneapolis and reports to the development director.
In this role, you will:
- Create and execute multi-channel member acquisition and retention campaign messaging (including email, website, social media, etc.)
- Analyze and test membership tactics to increase efficiency and refine future strategy
- Administer member benefit fulfillment, developing exclusive perks and experiences in coordination with our audience development, sponsorship and editorial teams
- Develop exclusive opportunities for member engagement
- Ensure prompt and professional customer service (in person, on the phone and online)
- Maintain member records within our customer relationship management database
- Meet monthly and annual membership revenue goals
- Ability to craft compelling and inspirational membership appeals
- Ability to collaborate with teams and across departments
- Ability to effectively communicate with the public about mission-driven journalism toward the goal of member acquisition and loyalty
- Attentiveness to detail and a data-driven approach
- Fearless attitude toward experimentation, testing and learning
- Experience with event planning and/or digital marketing
- Experience with customer relationship management software (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience with analytics preferred (Salesforce, Google Analytics, MS Excel)
Anticipated annual salary range of $45,000 to $55,000, based on experience and qualifications. Total compensation package also includes health insurance, 401(k) match, paid time off, paid family leave, and support for professional development.
While we’re more mature than a start-up, it’s fair to say we’re often called to wear many hats and jump in to help each other when the situation calls for it. We’re committed to maintaining a healthy work-life balance and providing a place for staff to feel supported in their professional growth and achieve ambitious goals.
MinnPost is committed to having a diverse and inclusive staff and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates should apply here. Position is open until filled.