Congresswoman Michele Bachmann looks strong today in a new Rasmussen Poll of likely Iowa caucus participants, leading the pack. Former Gov. Tim Pawlenty is not looking as good, coming in fifth.
- Bachmann, 22%
- Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, 21%
- Texas Congressman Ron Paul, 16%
- Texas Governor Rick Perry, 12%
- Pawlenty, 11%
- Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, 5%
- Businessman Herman Cain, 4%
- Former U.S. Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman, 2%
- Some other candidate, 7%.
The pollsters say:
Overall, just 28% of potential Iowa Caucus participants are absolutely certain of how they will vote, while the rest could change their mind. Among those who are certain of their vote, Ron Paul is on top at 27%.