Michele Bachmann’s presidential campaign, struggling in the polls and looking to regain the excitement that led to victory in August’s Iowa straw poll, has named Eric Woolson state campaign manager.
Woolson led Mike Huckabee’s efforts during his successful Iowa campaign in 2008 and worked for Republican gubernatorial candidate Bob Vander Plaats in 2010. He was a communications staffer for Tim Pawlenty’s presidential campaign before he dropped out after the straw poll and has been a spokesman for Bachmann since September.
The Des Moines Register explains Bachmann’s former Iowa leadership structure:
“Until now, two volunteers have organized Bachmann’s Iowa effort: her state chairman Kent Sorenson, a state senator from Indianola, and state co-chairman Brad Zaun, a senator from Urbandale.
Bachmann will now have a paid professional in the pilot’s seat here. Sorenson and Zaun’s titles remain the same.”
The Bachmann campaign also named Wes Enos deputy state campaign manager, and hired the following staffers:
* Chris Dorr – Northwest Iowa
* Emma Aquino-Nemecek of Mount Vernon Rapids – Northeast Iowa
* Mark Doland of Oskaloosa – Southeast Iowa
* Tony Eastman of Indianola – Central and parts of southwest Iowa
* Barb Heki – Home-school coalition director
* Peter Waldron – Faith leader
* Drew Klein – Faith leader
Bachmann now has 10 paid staffers working in Iowa.
Devin Henry can be reached at email@example.com.