Maybe I haven’t been paying attention, but I hadn’t noticed that state Rep. Tom Rukavina of Virginia might be ready to jump into the DFL gubernatorial pool.
But the Mesabi Daily News mentions Rukavina, along with state Sen. Tom Bakk (no surprise there) as two Iron Rangers testing the waters.
“If either or both of them officially take the electoral plunge for the DFL nomination, they will have plenty of company,” says the paper.
It lists this group of contenders:
• DFL State Sen. John Marty of Roseville.
• Former U.S. Sen. Mark Dayton who spent many years seeking a seat in Washington, but when he got it decided he wanted only a single term.
• Former House Minority Leader Matt Entenza.
• Former state Sen. Steve Kelley and state Rep. Paul Thissen.
• Ramsey County Attorney Susan Gaertner.
• House Majority Leader Margaret Anderson-Kelliher has also not ruled out a possible run at the office.
Other possibilities include the Twin Cities’ mayors, R.T. Rybak and Chris Coleman. And I’m sure there’ll be others.