Minnesota House Speaker Margaret Anderson Kelliher reports another union endorsement in her bid for the DFL endorsement in the 2010 governor’s race.
She’s added the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 49 to her list; last week, she was endorsed by the Minnesota Association of Professional Employees (MAPE).
Union endorsements, though, have been spread among the myriad DFL hopefuls. Doug Grow reported here last week that the union endorsements are coming earlier than normal in this year, and along with Kelliher’s recent additions, are going to many candidates:
- The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees:Mark Dayton.
- Northern Central State Regional Carpenters Council: Tom Bakk.
- Minnesota Nurses Association: Paul Thissen.
- Local 20, Teamsters: R.T. Rybak.
- Four local steelworkers unions: Tom Rukavina.
The Operating Engineers union snared by Kelliher reports it has 12,000 members in Minnesota.