Six semi-finalists — five of them with Minnesota connections and three with St. Paul ties — were announced last night for consideration as St. Paul superintendent, and the school board will start interviews with them Friday.
- Mark R. Bezek, superintendent of Elk River Area Schools.
- Deborah M. Henton, superintendent of schools in North Branch Area Public Schools and formerly chief of staff in St. Paul Public Schools.
- Charles L. Hopson, deputy superintendent in Portland (Ore.) Public Schools.
- Stan F. Mack, recently retired superintendent of Robbinsdale Area Schools.
- Valeria S. Silva, chief academic officer for St. Paul Public Schools.
- Nancy J. Stachel, chief of schools in St. Paul Public Schools.
The goal is to name a preferred candidate by Nov. 23.