With state Sen. Tom Bakk garnering an important endorsement Thursday from the Minnesota State Building and Construction Trades Council — representing 50,000 construction members across the state — the DFL side of the gubernatorial contender ledger continues to gather fragmented support.
That makes it nice to see an endorsement chart prepared by MPR which shows:
- Tom Bakk — Northern Central State Regional Carpenters Council, The Minnesota Building and Construction Trades Council
- Mark Dayton — The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Council 5
- Margaret Anderson Kelliher — Minnesota Association of Professional Employees, International Union of Operating Engineers Local 49, Greater Minnesota AFSCME Council 65
- Tom Rukavina — Four local steelworkers unions
- R.T. Rybak — Local 20, Teamsters
- Paul Thissen — Minnesota Nurses Association.
Major unions that haven’t endorsed yet:
- Education Minnesota