New directors and officers of the Minnesota Council on Foundations were elected this week. The organization’s members represent three-quarters of all grant-making in the state, awarding more than $850 million to nonprofits annually.
Elected to three-year terms were:
- Julie Hara, executive director, Marbrook Foundation
- Steve Joul, president, Central Minnesota Community Foundation
- LaVon Lee, program officer, Grotto Foundation
- Tim Ober, president, Mardag Foundation
Elected to second three-year terms:
- Bill Linder-Scholer, executive director, ADC Foundation
- Karen Rauenhorst, vice president, Mark and Karen Rauenhorst Family Foundation
- Kris Taylor, director of community and public relations, Ecolab Foundation
Officers for 2010 are:
- Chair: Karen Kelley-Ariwoola, vice president of community philanthropy for the Minneapolis Foundation
- Vice chair: Kate Wolford, presidentof the McKnight Foundation
- Secretary: George Thompson, trustee, Minnesota Community Foundation and the St. Paul Foundation
- Treasurer: Nancy Nelson, vice president and chief actuary, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Foundation.