The response to the Haiti earthquake by many Minnesota corporations and foundations has been compiled by the Minnesota Council on Foundations, which reports millions of dollars in contributions so far.
- Total cash contributions reported to date: $61,184,613
- Total potential employer matches reported to date: $21,919,523
- Total in-kind contributions reported to date: $43,845,802
Here are some examples reported to the Council that haven’t been noted yet on MinnPost (check the link above for other efforts):
- The Buuck family has authorized a $5,000 grant from the Buuck Family Foundation to Doctors Without Borders to be directed toward the Haiti relief effort.
- Cargill volunteers at its headquarters facility packaged 20,000 meals for the nonprofit Kids Against Hunger, to be sent directly to people in Haiti; Cargill volunteers plan to package an additional 30,000 meals over the next month.
- The Catholic Community Foundation is working in partnership with Rochester, Minn.-based Sacred Heart Haiti Foundation to raise $50,000 by Jan. 29 for immediate earthquake recovery efforts.