Bachmann, on the radio, says Obama worst president ever

In a radio interview recorded Thursday for a conservative talk station in Orlando, Fla., U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann agreed with host Ben Shapiro that President Obama is the worst president in U.S. history:

SHAPIRO: Is President Obama better or worse than Jimmy Carter?

BACHMANN: Worse. Easily worse.

SHAPIRO: I agree. So far, you’d have to say he’s the worst president in United States history …

BACHMANN: No question. No question.

SHAPIRO: … with the possible exception of James Buchanan.

BACHMANN: And the thing is, here we are, people can’t wait until November. They’re practically lining up for polls now, they can’t wait to go out and vote. The only thing is people wish Barack Obama was up for re-election right now, because they’d honestly love to have a chance to throw him out of office. Everywhere I go, people ask me, “Michele, can we impeach the president?” They want a referendum on him. I also had someone today say, “There’s no way he’ll run for a second term. No way. No one would vote for him.” I don’t know if the White House understands how the floor has dropped out under support for this president.

Notes one of the site’s commenters:

Somewhere, Jimmy Carter is crying out, “I can’t even keep the ‘worst president in history’ title”?

And the host later goads Bachmann about taking on President Obama in a physical fight:

SHAPIRO: I want to ask you, speaking of his violent language, and he’s been brutal on BP, talking about putting his boot on the throat of BP, talking about how he wants to go down there and kick someone’s ass — frankly, Michele, I think you could take President Obama, off the record.

BACHMANN: Hey, I took karate when I was 17 years old, I am dangerous.

SHAPIRO: I do believe that. That was not said facetiously.

Shapiro is a 26-year-old syndicated conservative columnist, a graduate of Harvard Law School, author of many books and articles and a regular guest on many conservative television and radio shows.

1. Submitted by Mike Haubrich on 06/11/2010 - 02:04 pm.

As the worst and least effective memmber of the House of Representative, I am not impressed by her opinion.

It’s not personal, Barack, it’s just business.

2. Submitted by Dick Donaway on 06/11/2010 - 03:15 pm.

As much as dislake Obama and everything he stands for, unless he has committed a capital crime, STOP the discussion of impeachment. Can you imagine the cries for the impeachment of the next Republican Prisident if he ties his shoes wrong?
    We don’t need this.

Dick

3. Submitted by Steve Ringgenberg on 06/11/2010 - 03:23 pm.

Obama can’t possibly be the worst president ever. That’s a spot currently held by G.W. Bush, one of the laziest, least intelligent, most personally corrupt, least effective presidents we’ve ever had. Comments like this just confirm my suspicion that Michelle Bachman is mentally ill and unfit to hold elective office. I feel sorry for anyone in her district. Let’s hope that she gets voted out in the next election.

4. Submitted by Christine Richardson on 06/11/2010 - 03:33 pm.

Intelligent women’s interests are set back by miles ever time this person opens her mouth. I am ashamed that my great home state would give her a podium from which she spouts her unrelenting idiocy and hate.

5. Submitted by Leroy Jenkins on 06/11/2010 - 03:59 pm.

True, George Bush was not a good president, but I would have to say that Obama does go down as one of the worst I have ever seen. The difference is that Bush was moderately competent, but gave an impression of being a bumbling incompetent. With Obama we saw a very smooth orator who gave the impression of profound competence, yet in actuality he is terribly incompetent. His lack of having ever run anything other than a campaign is shining through big-time.

Just beats me how anyone could find Obama to be handling things in a positive manner. He has violated his oath to uphold the Constitution so completely that it has become nothing more than a joke. He criticizes Arizona’s attempt to control the floodgates of immigration, yet he never even read the law that they passed. He squandered the so-called stimulus money on pork projects and political paybacks. He promised incredible transparency yet he totally violated his pledge to put pending legislation up on the internet prior to a vote. He continues to spend us into financial oblivion and yet has the audacity to make a posturing call for spending restraint as though he actually means it. And the list goes on.

I pray we will be able to see the day when we can throw ALL of the incumbent Congress out on their ears and return our government to the people and not the special interests.

6. Submitted by Martha Griffiths on 06/11/2010 - 04:10 pm.

He may, or may not, be the worst president in history. It is too soon to tell. Once he leaves office, and a few years pass, it will be possible to have perspective and judge his presidency.

One thing for sure though is that he is amongst the most damaging presidents to the American dream and way of life. He is a malignant tumor on the United States of America.

Take his promise of $400 million to Gaza: Borrow from the Chinese Communists, give to the Arab Terrorists, and send the bill to our children and grandchildren.

It will take years to undo the damage he’s done. We’ll get a chance to start this November when the voters will have a chance to neuter him.

7. Submitted by Tom Shillervo on 06/11/2010 - 04:18 pm.

It certainly didn’t take long for Hussein to be exposed as a great politician, but an absolutely terrible leader.

Welcome back Carter –

8. Submitted by Paul Brandon on 06/11/2010 - 07:04 pm.

Cloud cuckoo land….
    (for any classical scholars on list).

9. Submitted by Richard Schulze on 06/12/2010 - 06:46 am.

The Republican supporters will conveniently forget much of the mess the country is in (including the oil spill) is a legacy of the 8 years under George W.

Lax regulation, little oversight and cronies from industry appointed to positions of authority made life a disaster waiting to happen.

And it is happening.

Add this to chronic misinformation and a population who “believes” rather arrives a conclusion through critical thinking, and what do you expect?

And what can one do? Especially when you try to argue intelligently with apoplectic folks who are incapable of listening?

10. Submitted by Bill Tranberg on 06/12/2010 - 01:01 pm.

Do not dismiss Bachmann as unintelligent or crazy. She is quite savvy. She just sees herself and her allies as naturally superior, so factual accuracy is secondary to diminishing her opponents.