Gov. Tim Pawlenty has named five finalists for an open Hennepin County judge position:
- Thomas Arneson, of Minneapolis, a senior assistant Hennepin County attorney.
- Dana Banwer, of Minneapolis, an assistant Minneapolis city attorney.
- Patrick Robben, of Minnetonka, the governor’s general counsel since 2009.
- Charles Salter, of Minnetonka, an assistant Hennepin County attorney.
- Mary Vasaly, of Edina, a partner with the Maslon, Edelman, Borman and Brand law firm in Minneapolis.
There were 27 applications for the opening to replace Judge Warren R. Sagstuen, who retired in September.