Earth Day 2011 is Friday.
Some of the area events:
- Get your travel mug filled free at Starbucks — up to 31 ounces — or at Caribou.
- Visit St. Paul’s Como Zoo for the “Party for the Planet,” with creative ways to save energy, money and the planet.
- Enjoy clean streets in St. Paul and Minneapolis (which both held their Earth Day Clean-ups earlier this month).
- Check out recycling activities at MSP International Airport, as well as displays of how they operate the airport in a sustainable manner.
- Ingersoll Rand companies in the Twin Cities have several projects, including sales workers at Trane cleaning up areas of the Midway Industrial Park and finding spots to plant trees or shrubs to enhance the neighborhood; Minneapolis Thermo King employees have been planting trees and picking up litter and will adopt a local park for monthly cleanups.
- The Red Stag Supper Club in Minneapolis will donate all proceeds from 8 a.m. to noon to the Land Stewardship Project.