Instead of obsessing about today’s road problems — cursing those potholes and traffic construction delays — MnDOT wants us to take a long-term view, looking 50 years down the road with transportation dreams and wishes.
The state agency is holding a series of 10 workshops around the state, looking for ideas about transportation in the future. They’re calling it MinnesotaGo.
“Minnesota GO is our opportunity to hear from Minnesotans about their expectations for transportation today and for the next generation of Minnesotans,” said Tom Sorel, MnDOT commissioner. “We are committed to creating a transportation system that will sustain and connect a vital economy, healthy environment and strong communities.”
There were workshops Monday in St. Cloud and Tuesday in Fergus Falls. The sessions run from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Others are:
- Tonight: Hobson Memorial Union, Bemidji State University, Bemidji
- May 19: The Depot, Duluth
- May 23: Como Conservatory, St. Paul
- May 26, Mankato Civic Center, Mankato
- June 2: Virtual Workshop — Online
- June 7: Ridgewater College Outreach Room, Willmar
- June 8: Rochester Community and Technical College, Rochester
- June 14: Mall of America, Bloomington.