The city of Vadnais Heights’ event center, Vadnais Heights Commons, will soon be decorated with a giant mural made up of small tiles embellished by folks in the community. Next week, some officials will make their contributions by decorating their own tiles.
From afar, the completed mural will look like a landscape picture, but up close, each of the personalized tiles will be identifiable. The center, at 655 E. County Road F, can be rented for corporate functions, weddings or other occasions.
Scheduled to decorate their tiles on Tuesday at 9 a.m. are:
- Congresswoman Betty McCollum
- Franni Franken
- State Rep. Bev Scalze
- Metropolitan Council Member and former state Sen. Sandy Rummel
- Ramsey County Attorney John Choi
- Ramsey County Sherriff Matt Bostrom
- White Bear Lake Area Schools school board members
- White Bear Lake Area Schools Superintendent Dr. Michael Lovett
- Vadnais Heights Mayor Susan Banovetz
- Vadnais Heights City Administrator Gerry Urban
The mural is set to be installed in the fall.
Members of the public (not just VH residents) can sign their own tiles at the community center this month, Monday through Thursday from 5 to 8 p.m. at the center.