Gov. Mark Dayton has been named to the nine-member executive board of the National Governors Association.
He was selected by the group’s chair, Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman, a Republican, and the vice chair, Delaware Gov. Jack Markell, a Democrat.
The executive committee governs the association of governors from the 50 states, three territories and two commonwealths.
Others on the executive committee with Dayton, Heineman and Markell:
- Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, Democrat
- Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels, Republican
- Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, Democrat
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Republican
- Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin, Republican
- Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire, Democrat.