The All-Star budget committee announced this morning to take a crack at solving the budget standoff almost had another stellar player.
High on the list was Pam Wheelock, the financial wizard who was state Finance commissioner under Gov. Jesse Ventura and CFO of the Wild and now a vice president at the Bush Foundation.
But Wheelock is off climbing Mount. Kilimanjaro, and won’t make it back in time, they said at the announcement. Carlson said he expects the committee’s recommendations by Friday.
Wheelock told them, though, that she’s with them in spirit.
Those on the committee are:
- Co-chair: former DFL state Rep. Wayne Simoneau;
- Co-chair: former state Sen. Steve Dille of Dassel;
- John Gunyou, former Finance commissioner under Carlson;
- Jay Kiedrowski, former Finance commissioner under Gov. Rudy Perpich;
- Former Wells Fargo CEO Jim Campbell; and
- Former Medtronic Vice President Kris Johnson.