Eight public hearings on redistricting will be held around the state in October, scheduled by the State Redistricting Panel.
The panel, headed by Judge Wilhelmina Wright, wants to get input into how communities want the lines to be drawn for new political divisions, now that population changes have been set by the census.
If the Legislature and governor don’t agree on new boundaries for state House and Senate seats and congressional districts, the panel will handle the job.
The scheduled public hearings, all scheduled from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., are:
- Oct. 5, Minnesota Judicial Center, St. Paul
- Oct. 6, Minneapolis Schools Education Service Center, 807 Broadway St. NE.
- Oct. 7, Bloomington City Council Chambers
- Oct. 10, Fond Du Lac Tribal and Community College Amphitheater, Cloquet
- Oct. 11, Beltrami County Board Room, Bemidji
- Oct 12, Moorhead City Council Chambers
- Oct. 13, Stearns County Board Room, St. Cloud
- Oct. 14, Blue Earth County Justice Center, Mankato