Ramsey County now has two free drop spots to safely dispose of old, unused or expired medicines.
All kinds of medicines can be dropped off, but not needles.
The sites, open year ’round Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., are:
- Law Enforcement Center, 425 Grove St., St. Paul
- Sheriff’s Patrol Station, 1411 Paul Kirkwold Drive, Arden Hills
Only medine from households is accepted, not doctor’s offices or clinics.
- Staff will greet you upon arrival; no ID required.
- Proceed to the confidential drop-box on the wall.
- Keep medicines in their original container so they can be identified and place them in a clear plastic bag. Pills do not need to be removed from blister packs.
- You can use a marker to cross out your name if you want.
- If a medicine is no longer in its original container, put it in a clear plastic bag and write the name of the medicine on the bag.
Accepted are prescriptions, over-the-counter and pet medicines. They can be in any form, such as:
- Blister packs
- Capsules and pills
- Creams and gels
- IV bags