A United Negro College Fund tour comes to the Twin Cities Saturday to motivate students and their parents with “career and college readiness seminars, personal development workshops and subject-matter expert and celebrity led panel discussions.”
The “UNCF Empower Me Tour” says its goal is to inspires youth to excel in academic, financial and personal responsibility.
Wells Fargo is a co-sponsor, so there will be banking information.
The event is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the University of Minnesota Law School, Room 25, 229 19th Ave. S., Minneapolis.
Celebrities included in the program include: actor Brian White, Kita Williams and Monique Jackson of VH1’s “The T.O. Show,” international singer Kenny Lattimore, music executive Amir Windom, former Miss USA Kenya Moore, radio host and attorney Warren Ballentine, celebrity blogger Necole Kane, author and activist Jeff Johnson, actor Flex Alexander and celebrity chef DAS.
- 10 a.m. Welcome and “Hands On Banking” presented by Wells Fargo
- 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. College and Career Readiness Workshops
- 11 a.m. “Black Carpenter” panel discussion hosted by Brian White
- 2:20 p.m “Girl Talk: Define Your Pretty” celebrity panel hosted by Mo and Kita
- 4 p.m “Game On ” celebrity panel hosted by Kenny Lattimore
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EMPOWER ME TOUR Zone with corporate sponsor exhibits with give-aways, information on scholarships, job and volunteer opportunities. Also interactive gaming stations on fitness and financial literacy, and live entertainment from celebrity DJ ShoGun. Celebrity Chef DAS will host a “Healthy Kitchen, Healthy You” demonstration.