Gov. Mark Dayton has named former state House Speaker Margaret Anderson Kelliher to head a new state task force on expanding broadband in the state.
Kelliher, who ran for the DFL nomination and was beaten in the primary by Dayton, is now director of the Minnesota High Tech Association.
The task force:
- Shirley Walz, senior director of technology for Thomson Reuters
- Bernadine Joselyn, director of public policy and engagement for the Blandin Foundation
- Margaret Anderson Kelliher (Chair), director of the Minnesota High Tech Association
- Steve Lewsader, president of the Communication Workers of America (CWA), Local 7201
- Duane Ring, president of the nine-state Midwest Region of Century Link
- Gary Evans, CEO of Hiawatha Broadband Co. (HBC)
- Dick Sjoberg, Sjoberg’s Cable
- Daniel Richter, president of MVTV Wireless
- Danna MacKenzie, director of information systems for Cook County
- Maureen Ideker, director of telehealth, Essentia Health
- Matt Grose, superintendent, Deer River Public Schools
- Steve Peterson, Bloomington City Council
- Bob Bass, Bloomington, AT&T Wireless
- Keith Modglin, information systems director for the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
- Bao Vang, president/CEO of the Hmong-American Partnership.