Legislative leaders have now listed the schedule and agendas for two state Senate hearings on a proposed $1.1 billion Vikings stadium and the plan to use at least $650 million of public dollars to pay for it.
The Nov. 29 hearing is geared toward information about a stadium site — Minneapolis vs. Arden Hills; the Dec. 6 hearing will focus on possible ways to finance the state’s share.
Tuesday, Nov. 29
Joint Meeting: Committee on Taxes; Committee on Local Government and Elections, Chairs: Sen. Julianne E. Ortman, Sen. Ray Vandeveer
9 a.m., Room 15, Capitol. Hearing will end at 1 p.m.
Committee room has limited seating. Overflow rooms with televisions will be available for additional public seating.
- Background and Site Information
- Testimony from:
- a. Metropolitan Sports Commission
- b. Vikings
- c. Ramsey County/Arden Hills
- d. Minneapolis
- e. Public testimony related to site specific support or opposition
Public testimony will be taken. Prior sign-up is highly recommended, we will accommodate others as time permits. To testify, please contact Beth Kadoun, Senate Tax Committee Administrator at email@example.com or 651-296-5640.
Tuesday, Dec. 6
Joint Meeting: Committee on Taxes; Committee on State Government Innovation and Veterans
Chairs: Sen. Julianne E. Ortman, Sen. Mike Parry
12:30 p.m., Room 15, Capitol. Hearing will end by 6 p.m.
Committee room seating is limited. Overflow rooms with televisions will be available for additional public seating.
- State and local support requested and financing options for stadium
- NFL invited for testimony
- Current Sources of Revenue
- a. Arts and Cultural Funds
- b. Minneapolis convention revenue
- New Sources of Revenue
- a. Charitable Gaming electronic pulltabs
- b. Racino
- c. Sports memorabilia sales tax
- d. NFL income tax surcharge
- e. Ticket surcharge on professional sports
- f. Block E [added late in the day by Senate staffers]
- Public testimony
Prior sign-up is highly recommended for public testimony; we will accommodate others as time permits. To testify, please contact Beth Kadoun, Senate Tax Committee Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-296-5640.