House Speaker Kurt Zellers has sent a schedule to members and staff outlining his proposed schedule for the 2012 session. It calls for opening on Jan. 24 and ending on April 30.
Two breaks are scheduled — for caucuses in February, so House members can get back to their districts for politicking, and a week off in April for Easter/Passover break.
The full schedule as outlined in his letter:
- Jan. 12: Pre-introduction of House Files
- Jan. 24: Official House business begins, session convening at noon
- Jan. 25: One Minnesota Conference, no official House business
- Feb. 2-7: Precinct caucus break
- Feb. 8: Session reconvenes at noon
- April 6-13: Easter/Passover break
- April 16: Session reconvenes at 3 p.m.
- April 30: Session will adjourn, sine die.