The Minnesota Council on Foundations has elected new board officers:
- Board Chair: Kevin Walker, president and CEO of Northwest Area Foundation
- Vice Chair: Carolyn Roby, vice president, Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota
- Secretary: Kari Suzuki, director of operations, Otto Bremer Foundation
- Treasurer: Nancy Nelson, vice president, chief actuary, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Minnesota
New directors elected to three-year terms:
- Brad Kruse, program director, Hugh J. Andersen Foundation
- Gary Nan Tie, trustee, Jerome Foundation
- Tim Thorpe, trustee, James R. Thorpe Foundation
Directors re-elected to three-year terms:
- Kevin Walker, the new board chair
- Kari Suzuki, the new secretary
- Mark Hiemenz, partner relations officer, Minnesota Philanthropy Partners
- Mark Lindberg, director of relief, recovery and development, Margaret A. Cargill Foundation
LaTresse Snead, community relations team lead, Tastefully Simple, was elected to fill a vacancy; her term will end in 2013.
The council is a regional association of grantmakers, including family and private independent foundations, community and other public foundations, and corporate foundations and giving programs. Its member organizations provide about three-quarters of all grantmaking in the state.