There’s more to the governor’s job during the session than signing some bills, vetoing others and berating stadium opponents.
Today, Gov. Mark Dayton has a schedule full of official greetings and appearances, in addition to a slate of meetings with legislators and officials.
On the governor’s agenda are welcoming remarks for:
- The African Development Center Business Breakfast Roundtable in Minneapolis. He will be joined at this event by Minnesota Housing Finance Agency Commissioner Mary Tingerthal.
- The Multiple Sclerosis Rally at the Minnesota State Capitol. He will receive the National Multiple Sclerosis Governor of the Year Award at this event.
- The Hibbing Chamber Leadership Class Annual Day on the Hill in the Governor’s Reception Room.
- Disabilities Day on the Hill in the Minnesota State Capitol Rotunda.
In addition, there are closed meetings with:
- The St. Paul Legislative Delegation.
- State Sen. Patricia Torres Ray of Minneapolis and Rep. Carlos Mariani of St. Paul.
- Commerce Commissioner Mike Rothman and Deputy Commissioner Bill Grant.