Gov. Mark Dayton will lead a trade a delegation to China June 8-17 for what is described as “market and industry briefings, business match-making events, networking events and meetings with key U.S. and Chinese government officials.”
The group of 50 officials and business people will travel to Beijing, Shanghai and Xian, the capital of Shaanxi Province.
Said Dayton in a statement:
“Building relationships with Chinese leaders, expanding markets for Minnesota products and encouraging reverse investment are all aimed at growing our state’s economy and creating more jobs for Minnesotans.”
The goal: explore new trade opportunities, gather market insights, acquire business contacts and potential partners and distributors, and work to attract Chinese investment in Minnesota.
State Agriculture Commissioner Dave Frederickson, who’ll be on the trip, said:
“In the past 10 years, our ag exports to China have jumped 800 percent, mostly driven by exports of bulk and intermediate commodities. China’s the top buyer and the main market for Minnesota soybeans and a growing market for our pork.”
The business people in the delegation are:
- Dave Anderson, International Sales Manager, Jet Edge Inc.
- Peter Beacom, Software Architect, Quality Bunker
- Laura Bishop, Vice President, Government Relations, Best Buy Inc.
- Rick Breza, Owner/Sales, Superior Feed Ingredients
- David Buck, Vice President, Minnesota Milk Producers Association
- Griff Davenport, Managing Principal/CEO, DLR Group
- Jeff Davidman, Director of Government Affairs, Delta Air Lines
- Steve Dickinson, Partner and Co-Chair, Asia Practice Group, Fredrikson & Byron PA
- Peter Dugan, Retail and Restaurant Specialist, CBRE
- Adam Dombrovski, Sales Manager, Dombrovski Meats Co.
- David Griggs, Vice President, Business Investment, Greater MSP
- Trevor Gunn, Senior Director, International Relations, Medtronic Inc.
- Tom Haag, Vice President, Minnesota Corn Growers Association
- Sue Hammersmith, President, Metropolitan State University
- Kevin Hanson, President, International Creative Capital LLC
- Karl Johnson, Executive Board, Minnesota Pork Producers Association
- Robert Jones, Senior Vice President for Academic Administration, University of Minnesota
- Wayne Knewtson, President, Knewtson Soy Products LLP
- Michael Langley, CEO, Greater MSP
- Kevin Leiser, Board Member, Minnesota Wheat Research and Promotion Council
- Christopher Larus, Partner, Robbins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Steve Mertens, Chairman of the Board, LifeScience Alley
- Steve Mindrum, Director of Sales and Marketing, GMI Inc.
- Jim Moline, President, Midwest Ag Enterprises Inc.
- Jay Moore, Executive Board, Minnesota Pork Producers Association
- Dennis Nguyen, Chairman, New Asia Partners
- Vince O’Brien, Vice President and General Manager, MK Foods (Michael Foods Joint Venture)
- Kevin Paap, President, Minnesota Farm Bureau Federation
- Earl Potter, President, St. Cloud State University
- Jeffrey Rageth, Vice President of Public Affairs, 3M
- Susan Rani, President, Rani Engineering
- Ronald R. Rich, President, Atmosphere Recovery Inc.
- Robert Sanberg, Chief Operating Officer, WindRider International
- Michael Schumann, Managing Director, HSML, PC
- Mark Sellner, CPA
- Alan Wilensky, Attorney at Law
- Min (Amy) Xu, Attorney at Law, Dorsey & Whitney LLP.