Minnesota state commissioners and Minnesota middle school students will vie to correctly answer academic questions today at the Minnesota State Fair.
It won’t be kid vs. commish, though, even if that would have been more fun.
Working in teams of one student and one commissioner, they’ll try to answer questions posed by WCCO-TV’s Jason DeRusha.
This Back to School Academic Olympics is at 3 p.m. today, on a stage outside the Education Building.
It’s going to be tweeted live, with the hashtag #Back2School on Twitter.
Representing state officialdom:
- Education Commissioner Brenda Cassellius
- Administration Commissioner Spencer Cronk
- Revenue Commissioner Myron Frans
- Higher Education Commissioner Larry Pogemiller
- Management and Budget Commissioner James Schowalter
- Tina Smith, chief of staff for Gov. Mark Dayton
The six middle school students are from Project Success, a program that helps middle and high school students in St. Paul and Minneapolis.