Gary Johnson, the Libertarian Party’s presidential candidate, will speak Friday at Macalester College in St. Paul, as part of a three-week national tour.
Remember his name: He may turn out to be a factor in the presidential election, as the Libertarian Party projects that he’ll pull votes from Mitt Romney in swing states.
Johnson is scheduled to appear Friday from 1 to 3 p.m. in Mac’s Hill Ballroom at Kagin Commons.
He’s trying to hit more than a dozen colleges on the tour that began this week:
- Sept. 17 — West Chester University, West Chester, Pa.
- Sept. 18 — New York University, New York City
- Sept. 19 — University of New Hampshire, Durham, N.H.
- Sept. 20 — Duke University, Durham, N.C.
- Sept. 21 — Macalester College, St. Paul
- Sept. 24 — University of Texas, Austin
- Sept. 25 — University of California, Berkeley
- Sept. 25 — Green River Community College, Auburn, Wash. (tentative)
- Sept. 26 — Arizona State University, Tempe
- Sept. 26 — University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Sept. 28 — Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge
- Oct. 1 — Chapman University, Orange, Calif. (tentative)
- Oct. 5 — University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio (tentative)
- Oct. 9 — University of New Mexico (tentative).